Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcome to the new Crampton's Blog

Welcome everyone!

I've been spending a lot of time this fall and winter working on improving things around the Market...both physically and electronically.


I've subscribed to a new mail manager system which should eliminate multiple emails sent out to one person, AND I've started this new blog. Some people in the past mentioned a few things about my emails being just a tad too long for their liking. This blog solves that problem! I'll be able to send out shorter, more concise emails, then put all of the nitty gritty information up here for those true info junkies like myself.

If I can figure out how, there will be a link on the emails that I send out to this site, so when you receive an email from me, you will just have to click on the link to get here. And as all back postings will stay up on this site, you can use it to reference information from past emails! This means that I'll be able to post up recipes, calendars of events and other information without constantly emailing you.

If you've driven by my corner lately, and you have better than 20-400 vision, you will have noticed the expansion. It was a lot of work but my Dad, Len the carpenter, a family friend named Edgar and myself had the place up with interior finishing in 3 months. I'm still a little bit tired. It was a marathon. We're still not quite finished, but the weather is getting better every day, meaning that I'll be able to get things going again soon, just in time for an occupancy permit and opening day.


I'm very excited for this year to begin. With all of the new space I'm planning on being able to provide more community services, classes, and info sessions for everyone at the store. There are so many huge faceless places going up in our little corner of the city. I really hope that my store can be the place where you can laugh with us, meet your friends, shop for good food, bring the kids, learn about nutrition, grab a meal, and slow down a little.

Take Care
Erin Crampton

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new space!

    I am excited to hear about the possibility of a canning expert coming in in the fall. If that happens I would definitely attend....and bring friends!

    Thanks for making shopping local so friendly and tasty.
    Here's to a great summer!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the new shop opening! The blog is a great idea! Best of luck in all the final preparations before opening day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the new shop and the new toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been watching it go up Erin and I can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when do you plan on opening this year?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.