Hello Everyone!
This Thursday evening is supposed to drop down to -5 degrees. If you have jumped the gun and have already planted things, it's time to cover them up. I prefer to keep my herbs, tomato plants and flowers in the safety of a greenhouse until June 1. Once the ground is warm and the sun is shining, my late planted blooms quickly catch up with any plants that had to struggle through cold nights with a blanket tossed over them. But I understand itchy fingers and wanting to get into your garden.
This cool weather is getting a lot of people down, so I figured, let's warm things up. We'll be having a house warming type do at the shop this Saturday, May 16th. Between noon and 2 pm some of our new suppliers will be at the shop to tell you about their wares, and let you have a taste. It'll be a great way to try new products that you have been wondering about, and to meet some of the makers of the products! We plan to have more of these days throughout the season, giving each producer a turn to tell their story, meet you the eaters of their food, and have you sample some of their wares.
In a vain attempt to bring on some hot weather, I've brought in some of those huge Texas Watermelon. We'll see over the next few days if it worked or not.
Take care
Erin
Crampton's Market AND Sam & Ira's
Monday to Friday 9-9
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays 9-6
(this Victoria day Monday, we will be open from 9-6)
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG....those watermelons tasted amazing. I could not believe how juicy and tasty they were. Great choice!
ReplyDelete