Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Spring Garlic Greens

It's not newsy enough to send out an email, but today I received my first shipment of spring garlic greens.
Spring garlic greens are the first shoots that the garlic bulb sends out. They are tender, garlicy, and reek of spring. Lucky for me, I have a farmer who needs to thin his garlic rows and so he'll be bringing me more of these pungent delights on Thursday. If you are planning a stir fry, a stew, or a caesar salad this is the ingredient that you need. I just made up a big pot of lamb shanks with puy lentils and the garlic greens were the perfect seasoning.
Cooked or fresh, you can use these greens in any dish where you want a clear garlic taste to come through.

Take Care
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.