Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ramping up for May 5th.

Only one week to go...it's getting exciting!
Be sure to stop by the store on our opening day for some good conversation and some special treats.

The weather has been amazing, farmers are hopeful, and I've been scrubbing out the store for weeks now.
My baker is in the kitchen trying out some new recipes, my lovely electrician of a boyfriend has been up in the attic re wiring some things, and my most wonderful parents have been helping to get things organized. Don't you love a good team.
As long as the weather doesn't go completely pear shaped, we are expecting some nice local goodies for our opening day. The asparagus should be up, the hot house tomatoes are ready, rhubarb is looking good, and I have pickers searching the forests for fiddleheads and morel mushrooms. Don't you just love spring!
Lots of exciting things going on at the store this summer.
-Our Sam and Ira's ice-cream shop will be open on Sunny Weekends in May and June, and starting in full time as of the July long weekend.
-A couple of my staff people have started up their own athletic therapy clinic so we will be having some free classes out on the deck this summer.
-We have Manitoba food producers lined up to have sampling days at the store.
-We are now on twitter. So for those of you out there part of the twitter world, follow us on twitter to get the latest on when our deliveries of local food will be arriving.

I'm so excited to get started. This week before opening is always torturous. Is everything ready, are my staff fully trained, have I contacted all of the suppliers that I needed to, is my equipment all ready to go. My first week open is always more relaxing than the week leading up to it. I can't wait.

I can't wait to see everyone!
Take Care
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.